The secret door by Pamela Bencosme
Semptember 3th , 1939
Dear Amanda,
It’s so weird not having you here, days go by so slowly without your amazing stories. Sometimes I think of all the amazing things we could’ve done if I wasn’t going out with my parents all the time.
You were my only friend ; and my cousin but she can be really annoying sometimes. I miss your stories, your delicious cookies, your smile, I miss you. Rocco it’s okay, he is a little sad, sometimes you can see him waiting for you at the door but then he sees a squirrel and starts to run like crazy.
Everything seems so dull , there is no color in this life without you .
May we meet again
- With love, Pearl
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Diary of Amanda Chelon
May 18th, 1939
Hi, I’m Amanda ; I’m staring this dairy to talk about my adventures and feelings, since my friend Pearl goes out every weekend and I have no one to talk to , my mother is always taking care of Charlie, my 2 years old brother, and my dad is always working. I live in Poland and one day I want to go to Paris and China.
Everyone looks at me like a freak, when Pearl arrived here she didn’t know nobody, so before anybody could tell her awful things about me, I decided to talk to her and try to be her friend and it worked. But its hard when she is not here on weekends.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Diary of Amanda Chelon
May 30th , 1939
It’s been a couple days since I wrote in this diary. Just yesterday my dad told us at the dinner that we are moving to an another house, a little bit more retired from the town, which I don’t know why, but my dad has been acting weird lately and I don’t like it, I hope its nothing bad.
My dad says that we are moving really quick, in less than a week ; I’m going to miss this house, all the adventures I’ve had here, good times.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - — - - - - - - — - - - - - - -
Diary of Amanda Chelon
June 5th , 1939
It’s moving day, my mom is stressed and my dad is very occupied to hear my adventures with Mr. And Ms. Bones, we had a lot of fun last night; Sorry my bad, I haven’t introduce you one of my friends Mr. And Ms. Bones, they were a couple of pirates having adventures in the Caribbean Sea, they only appear at night but I love nights, the moon the darkness , the owls, everything.
And here I am standing in front of the house, it’s big and beautiful ; It has a beautiful garden , which we had one in the old house but it was small and ugly; I can’t wait for all the adventures in this house. The only thing I don’t like is that is a little far from my school now I have to go on a bike.
I got to my room it is beautiful and big, it’s on the second floor , it has view to the garden , there is even a bigger bed, so now Rocco can sleep with me. I’m so excited .
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Diary of Amanda Chelon
June 6th, 1939
Today I woke up, my first morning in the new house. Rocco dropped his ball accidentally and went under my bed, when I see the wall behind the bed there is a secret mini door, I’m about to open it… “Amanda ! Come down right now to eat says my mom, and then get ready we are going to visit your grandma”, and that’s what I did.
- - - - - - — - - — - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - — - - -
July 1st, 1939
I know it’s a lot of couple days later , but I forgot about this dairy and about the secret door !! ; Because I read the last time I wrote, I remembered about the secret door.
Today I opened it, It was the most wonderful adventure of my life, I didn’t know what waited for me behind that door, I just have to say it’s whole new world, and I like it more than the one where are all the bad kids of my school. I entered, it was like a forest with lights, like fairy tales lights and the trees lightened up when you touched them, it was amazing, incredible, wonderful I have so many words to describe it. It is big forest , further there is a river where the frogs were singing their beautiful melody,in the horizon I see a mountain coated with the beautiful greens of that land, a little bit more further I see a different light not like the ones of the fairy lights, I get closer and I can see it's a house, I saw it and it seemed that there are people living there, but I didn’t know how to reach it because it was on a top of a tree and there was no lather and then I stepped in a magical mushroom and it appeared a lather of butterflies, I was speechless.
I knock on the door I don’t know what to expect after all the things I’ve seen here; suddenly it opens and there is no one by the door and then someone says ‘’ Here, at the kitchen! ’’, I didn't know where was the kitchen but I follow the smell of something sweet. Then I see a man, he seems normal but then he turns back looking for something and I can see his beautiful wings, every second the colors raise through them, I was amazed. He has blue eyes pale skin and platinum hair like I said I was amazed.
He says ‘’ Don’t stand there doing nothing and help me to make this delicious cookies my darling’’ . After a pause he says ‘’ So rude of my not telling you my name; Hi I’m Lucky’’
I was so impressed, I told him my name but he said he already knew, that it was written in a sacred book that a beautiful young lady called Amanda will come one day. Then I was more impressed.
He is so sweet, he showed me the entire forest and a tunnel full of flowers of different colors and smells, then we went to his home again to taste the cookies we made a while ago ; they were the most delicious cookies I’ve ever tasted. After that I told him I had to go, I went through the beautiful forest and there was the door and back to my room. I promised Lucky I will come back as soon as I can, but I think this will be in a week because i finished school but there is a full week free for everyone and I’m going to see my grandma.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
July 8th , 1939
I couldn’t wait to get home to see Lucky and see more of his town. I had an amazing week at my grandma’s ; I can’t wait to tell Pearl about what a I did the whole week and most importantly about Lucky.
I got to Pearl’s house and I told her everything, she was so impressed and she believed me, wich I love because my parents wouldn’t believe me, so I didn’t take inconveniences to tell them. We sat under the tree of Pearl’s house to talk for hours, we had a lot to catch up and then I cooked some cookies that Lucky had showed me to cook.
Then I went home , had dinner and went straight to my room to the door of my wandering. There I was again, it wasn’t a dream, I was there again and everything was the same except for the trees, they changed to a different color this time, pink fusia. Lucky was singing with the frogs and the birds, and then he saw me so surprised and he told me ‘’ I thought I wasn’t going to see you again ‘’ I forgot to tell him about the free week.
We played in the grass and stared to see the clouds and name what we saw, it was so much fun. Then I said bye to him because I didn’t my mom to worry. She said I was acting all weird and talking alone at my room and she took me to the doctor because she thought I had fever, and I don’t so everything is good and my mom its a little bitt more calm.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
August 1st , 1939
Yes I know what you thinking , again she didn’t write for like a month but I was so occupied between Lucky, Pearl and my mom and helping her taking care of Charlie.
Yesterday at dinner our dad told us everyone is acting weird and we have to be prepared for anything and if we are going out of the house to be back before sunset, that everything is so dangerous nowadays, but for me it's not a problem to not go out oftenly because I have Lucky and Pearl lives near me.
Well, let me give you a summary of the past month, I’ve been going all the days to see Lucky, he showed me more of his town, we made more cookies and talked about a lot things, I can call him my best friend, he understand me, he is amazing.
The sad thing is im going to school in exactly a month and won’t see Lucky all the time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
August 3th, 1939
It’s Charlie’s Birthday, he is three years today. All day with my family celebrating.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
August 10th, 1939
I went to see Lucky, he was sad, the colors in his wings have had dissapeard and I asked him what happened and he just told me he feels something bad is coming.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
August 31th, 1939
I don’t want to go back to school, me and Lucky have had the best summer ever having the best adventures in the forest and in the river, running through the fields of flowers and with the wind, seeing the sunsets, counting stars, telling stories and cooking.
Today was the best day ever. I always saw a big mountain far away since the day I stepped a foot in this magical town. I told Lucky that I wanted to go there, he told it was far away from where we were, and I told him I didn’t care, and out of nowhere we stared flying, it was him holding me in his arms. We were flying with he’s beautiful wings but I noticed they weren’t lighting up. Then we got to the top of the mountain to see the sunset when we land a thousand of butterflies left the grass it was unbeliveable, I was so grateful to be there with him.
I say goodbye to him and smile for all the good things I’ve done here in summer and tell him all be here after school to tell him about my first day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - — - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Newspaper of Poland
September 1st, 1939
Today September first of 1939 its hard day for Poland, now that we have been attacked by the German army, it’s occupying the country, our president tells us this means war. Some of the affected areas by the bombs were in the central part of the city ; The police station, various houses and the Elementary school of joy. There was 50 deaths and 32 injuries , most of them were the innocent children and teachers. Poland is suffering for this innocent lives taken.
A moment of silence for :
- Lisa Montiloso
- Amanda Chelon
- Kravisska Dissan
- Harry Fison
- Marrion Bucklel
- Marie Shida
- Michael Likon
- Ponila Bossi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
September 6th, 1939
Dear Ms. Chelon :
I’m writing you because of the results of your daughter Amanda Chelon , that time you thought she had fever.
The results of the exam says she has Asperger Syndrome with is a developmental disorder related to autism and characterized by higher than average intellectual ability coupled with impaired social skills and restrictive, repetitive patterns of interest and activities.
We have terapy here for this condition , you can come with your daughter anytime.
- Dr. Helson
The secret door by Pamela Bencosme
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario